Good Morning to you all and what a morning it is.....start of a new challenge on the Clarity Challenge Blog and for this month we are thinking all about Words!
I think we under estimate the sentiments and words we use on a card but it can be critical.
Anyway I decided that for this challenge I would decorate 3 boxes that I had bought from the MDF man at Harrogate show. They would eventually be going to my daughter for her flat....sorry duplex!
I started off painting them in gesso then cream acrylic paint. I then dry brushed some brown acyrlic paint over that to get a grained effect....I almost stopped there as they did look lovely.
However I persevered and stamped onto tissue paper with lots of different clarity stamped but with garden in mind....leaves, flowers and vines....then I did dragonflies and feathers ....oh and the birdcage. Then I needed some words....so I chose the sentiment Count your Garden by the flowers.
I used versafine inks in all different colours. Then came the task of cutting out and splitting the tissue into single ply.
Once I got this done I was ready to start putting them on to my boxes...lids done first tops and inside then the box sides were done. I used slap it on to attach the tissue.
It did take me a while as I had to let them dry in between layer application...thank goodness I had nothing much else to do!!!
Several coats of matt varnish were applied once I had done all the images then then edges of the boxes had gilding wax applied and that was it
And here they are.
Hope you like!