I also feel a bit dull with me getting rid of my pink hair and dying it a more respectable school teacher colour! However the pink didn't fully come out and it has given the brown a bit of a reddish tone!! Oh well it'll have to do!
Right enough about me and on with the challenge!
Last month we saw lots more fabulous entries all with animals. Well done to our winner and to the top five! It gets harder and harder each month as everyone seems to just get better and better!
This Month we have chosen VINTAGE as our theme and we would like you to come up with a project that fits in with that feel! It can be a card or a clock or a piece of altered art ...its up to you! All we ask is that the stamps you use must be only from clarity but you can use anything else you like in the way of embellishments, inks, paints or dies. And remember there is a prize for one of the entries picked at random of £50 to spend at Claritystamp so its well worth your while having a go! You never know it could be you!
If you go to the Challenge Blog you will see lots of inspiration and different ways that the DT have interpreted this theme!
Here is the card I made!
I started by stamping Kasha in place I then made a mask for her and then stamped the bike so it looked like it was behind her! I stamped in Adirondack Espresso. I then made a mask to look like bricks....Clarity did not have theirs when I made this card but that would be perfect for it now!... and using an ink duster I made a very pale background.
I made under the wheels of the bike darker and added shadow around Kasha's feet! I then stamped the vine above her head to finish off the picture. For Kasha herself I found a lovely piece of papre in my stash and thought it looked like old silk. I stamped her out on it then cut out the dress, hat and shoes from the paper and used this to colour her in! I inked under the lines on her dress to make it look like layers.
I added a rusty red colour to the bike frame and also to the berries on the vine and pale skin tones to Kasha's face hands and legs. I cut a curve in the top edge of the topper then darkened the edge with some walnut stain distress ink and also did some direct to paper inking with the edge of the distress ink pad!! Dont be frightened to to this but also know when to stop!!
Here is a closer view of the topper
I matted this onto a rectangle of brown and then diecut 2 corners from some gold miri card.
I hope you have enjoyed looking at my project and see how I made it!
The stamps I used were
and the stencil you could use for the wall background is here
Please have a go at the challenge for yourself and also visit the blogs of the DT where you can see more details about their individual projects!
Ok so thats it! Over to you!
Please leave me a comment to let me know what you thought of my project.