Happy New Month and Happy New Challenge to all of those fans of Clarity Stamps!
I can't believe we are in July already and over half the way through the year! It is really quite scary how fast this year is going.
It did seem a bit strange doing this card when outside it was cold and wet but hopefully the weather will take some inspiration from this months fabulous projects that can be seen over at the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog
So on to this months Challenge....Oh I do Like to be beside the seaside! (anything holiday related!) Nice as it reminds me that I start my summer hols this month!!!
Anyway here is my card I made for the Challenge.
To make the topper I used a piece of the clarity card...you know....the shiny one.
I started off by stamping the boat and masking the hull off. I then decided where the lighthouse was going, stamped and masked that too! I then masked off the bottom of the card and made some clouds in the sky using stonewashed blue adirondack ink and an ink duster. I could have sworn I had bought a clouds mask for doing this but can I find it.....
I then masked off the sky so I could do the sea.
For this I used a brayer which I looaded up with denim ink, scrumpled a piece of copy paper up and rolled my brayer over it so that I picked up the texture then rolled it over the card one way then back then left it at that! If you do it more you lose the texture which makes it look like water.
I masked off the sea again and then using a piece of torn copy paper I made some land by sponging ink under the lighthouse. I used the denim ink and lots of it so it was dark. I then removed the masks and did something similar in the bottom left hand corner.
I then removed the masks from the boat and the lighthouse so that I could colour these with promarkers.
I also used a white micron pen to create the splashes up the boat and at the base of the land by the lighthouse, and to make white bits on the water to look like the white tops of waves. I mounted this topper onto a piece of sand coloured card
I then stamped the shell cluster and the seagull onto a piece of theuva card and coloured it with promarkers before cutting it out.
For my base card I used a piece of pearlescent card which I stamped the single shell randomly over. I added the topper then added the shell cluster and seagull over the right hand corner. And that was it!
I hope you enjoyed looking at my project. Pop over to the Clarity Stamp Challenge blog to see all the other fabulous projects! Then have a go yourself....after all you may get lucky and win and the prize is £50 of vouchers to spend at clarity....well worth trying for! You can also see the winner and top 5 from last month too!